Monday, August 3, 2009

Ringan Bataka nu Lashkari Shaak

Thinking what to cook everyday, is a daunting task, ask any momma if you don't believe me!! Also have to keep in mind its not too rich in calories but also has all nutrients, shouldn't be junk food but should be tasty enough, so today amongst the turmoil of 'what to cook?' I simply grabbed some eggplants, potatoes and onions and started slicing and cubing them without thinking what to do exactly. I prepared this dish as if I was Camping out on hills and had bare minimum stuff to prepare my food, hence the name of the dish 'Ringan bataka nu lashkari shaak', I know its funny name but my mom used to say this all the time that so and so dish she prepared is lashkari version.

here goes my recipe.

Ingredients :
2 medium sized potatoes
1 large or 2 medium sized eggplants/ringan
1 medium sized onion
salt to taste
turmeric 1 tsp
red chilli 1 tsp
oil for tempering
mustard seeds
pinch of asafoetida

Preparation Method :

In a pressure cooker add 2 tsp oil, mustard seeds and once they crackle add asafoetida.
Now add chopped onions and saute for 1 min.
Add chopped potatoes and eggplants along with all masala.
Add 1 cup water, shut the pressure cooker. Cook for 2-3 whistles.

Garnish it with Cilantro/Coriander leaves, serve with rice or chapati.
You can also add a bit garam masala to this dish to give it nice curry aroma.

Wasn't it fast and easy?!!
I also plan on preparing Tomato Soup keeping in mind the eating healthy regime. Although this dish supplies with nice veggies like eggplants and antioxidant donating onions, I would love to have some nice bowl of soup with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment