Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy Diwali!!!

Happy Diwali and a Prosperous New Year to all. Diwali holds a special place in my heart, its all about diyas, rangoli, patake and sweets to me. Its a feeling of fresh start of life, fresh hope and fresher newer dreams for the year ahead. I badly miss that barodian way of diwali, echoes of laughter buzzling around my karelibaug home which would be packed with near and dear ones, those shouts of my mom to keep watch on my younger bro and sis as they overexcitedly ignite cracker bombs (sometimes just to annoy some nosy neighbor..lol). What I miss the most is the smell of just went off diya.... hmmm I just crave it badly. I miss those slow afternoons spent preparing lovely sweets and snacks with my "mummi". I miss those most awaited evenings when my "pappa" came home with gifts for us, I used to get books lots of it but my younger bro and sis would get some video games or something that would have never attracted me but was a stunner for them, I guess its now that I realized how well our parents know what appeals us the most.
Growing up together with my siblings, I was very different than them, I was termed "a big bore" for my likings for books and jagjit singh's gazals but that neither stopped me nor discouraged me. I still remember my brother and sister quarreling over highest points made in some stupid video game Mario... it was such a huge fight, those guys didn't talk to each other of 6 days.... I never understood then what was the big deal!! but i surely have a good laugh when I remember it now.
All these things and many more happened during Diwali and Diwali Vacations.
Okie!!! so after of this random visit to memory lane all I can say for sure is Diwali is the time when I feel I'm that same silent and shy girl who used to escape on to terrace to watch the night sky lighted by all pyrotechnicians of baroda (until of course anu or ketav interupted with some silly arbitration case of "who's chance it was to light the last cracker bomb or something")
Happy Diwali !!!

3 comments:

  1. hi mok's. happy diwali n a very prosperous new year to you too...
    read all ur posts n recipies...of course some of them r soooooo...delicious u cant wait to try them ...
    u've done a real gud job for i can feel the aroma of ur little aromatic kitchen!!
    love krini...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mok's. happy diwali n a very prosperous new year to you too...
    read all ur posts n recipies...of course some of them r soooooo...delicious u cant wait to try them ...
    u've done a real gud job for i can feel the aroma of ur little aromatic kitchen!!
    love krini...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Moki...Happy new year!!
    whatz up re...waiting for ur more posts...

    ReplyDelete