Monday, October 26, 2009

Surmayi Paratha


This recipe is invented by me by mistake(total mistake)..... however it came out amazing in taste. The other day, I guess, I was pondering over some episode I had watched, of course it was Oprah and some girl burnt by his ex-boyfriend by acid or something... and I kept thinking what the hell is happning to this world and what not and it was during this that I committed this crime of mixing wheat flour along with millet flour... actually I was intending to prepare chapati dough.... but by mistake I mixed millet flour into wheat flour... So I had to use that concoction of flour so I just added a dash of ground peppercorn and jeera along with handful of chopped coriander and salt.Made paratha of it which were a bit blackish in colour, attribute goes to millet flour and peppercorn powder and so I decided I should call it Surmayi Paratha, as we know Surma means kajal/kohl.
To my amazement this paratha at great in taste and can be prepared in a jiffy. I think I'm going to stick with this recipe for a long long time.
Ingredients:

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup bajra flour/pearl millet flour
handful of chopped fresh coriander leaves
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper corn
1/2 tsp coarse ground cumin seeds/ jeera
salt as per taste
oil for shallow frying
water for kneading the dough

Method:

Now girls you know the drill, mix everything except oil, knead into a soft dough, make 10 lemon sized balls from the dough, roll out the paratha, heat iron griddle, place paratha on hot griddle, apply oil (about 1 tsp) and shallow fry the parathas.... voila surmayi parathas are ready.

This paratha tastes amazing with anything like any veg curry or dal, sweetened yogurt, raita, chutney, ketchup or your favorite aachar.
I love it with pipping hot cup of masala tea.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment