Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dhania Mung Sorba



And so I'm back, after spending lovely vacation in India and Mauritius, my home welcomed me with its arms open, smiling as if to welcome me or I guess grinning over the dust and grime it had collected over 25 days, whatever it was I was prepared being thoroughly relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated.
Mauritius was a gr8 gr8 trip, me and P were awed at the beauty of that small island nation, beautiful turquoise beaches and breath taking views from dead volcano to 7 coloured earth, beautiful mountains to lovely meadows and not to forget the endless sugarcane fields.... yeap, makes me nostalgic. It is here that I tasted dhania ka sorba at a dinner served at our hotel Le Meridien Ile Maurice... which was rather sordid but I knew it could have been better, all it needed was some "zing". So coming back to Riyadh and in urgent need to healthy eating I tried my hands on Dhania Mung ka Sorba which, by the way was million rather gazillion times better than the one served at Le Meridien. Here goes the recipe.


Ingredients:
3 Tbs boiled Mung/Mag/Green Gram/Mash Bean along with the water in which it has been boiled or pressure cooked.
3 Tbs Fresh Coriander Leaves
1 Tbs Lime juice
1 Tsp ground cumin seeds
2 pinches Turmeric powder
1/2 Tsp Paprika powder
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.

Method:
With the help of hand blender or any other blender, blend the pressure cooked mung along with the water in which they were boiled. This blended mix should make around 3/4th cup, now add some more water to make it around 2 cups or 500 ml.
add all the ingredients except freshly ground black pepper and bring sorba to a boil.
Serve hot with lill more dhania (if you wish) and freshly ground black pepper.

Tip: adding an extra dash of lime juice to the dish while eating makes it more aromatic.

As you might have noticed this dish is a perfect health dish recipe as it bypasses oil, ghee or butter. Keeping it simple increases its appeal and I promise the taste will linger on in your minds.
Bon Appetite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment